Monday, January 11, 2010

Gettin' Out There

We had our first blind homeschool family date. Okay, that sounds weird, like we're dating visually impaired families that homeschool... No, that's not what's happened. I "met" a homeschooling mom online. Yes, via Facebook. She's a friend of a friend. She set up a homeschooled kids fun day at a local mini golf course - Monster Golf. This place was awesome. I saw her walk in with her boys, but we had no idea who the other was. Monster Golf is indoor glow-in-the-dark mini golf. Black lights equals yellow-green teeth and darker skin. On Facebook she does not look like a badly tanned woman with horrible dental practices. In my Facebook profile picture I am wearing German Goggles. By the way, I love Restoration Hardware, the website where I got the goggles. They have the greatest stuff. Anyway, I was not wearing the goggles when I went mini golfing. I probably should have. That would have been awesome.
I finally walked over and asked if she was who I was meeting. She was. Yay! She was a love and her boys were very nice. My children were afraid to play golf - the course was too scary for them. However, once they saw the boys playing, they wanted in, too. We're going to make plans, eventually, to hang again.
I just want Eli, mostly, to know that there are other little boys out there who are homeschooled. He keeps asking about "going away to school, not at home, mommy."

No comments: