Sunday, September 4, 2011

Hurricane Irene and 40lbs of Veggies

We've been doing a lot.  We lost power for four days with Hurricane Irene.  We also got a week's share from the CSA gifted to us.  Actually, a share and a half.  That's a TON of veggies, in case you were wondering.  While we've been doing a lot and I've been diligently photographing our lives like a good little doobie.  Enjoy!
Fishing on the dock...or should be aptly captioned:  Oh, no, I lost my net under the dock...momma, can you get it for me????


Doll's Eyes at Cormier Woods.  I just love these ...they're kinda creepy.

S'mores!  Best part about bbq's...the crazy fire pit s'more happenings.


My hair before chopping it off and donating to Locks of Love.  You never realize how long your hair is until you see pictures of it.  Well, at least I don't.


Silas on our morning date.  This donut was not organic or natural in any way, shape or form.  He licked off the frosting and sprinkles, told everyone who came in about it and then left with the biggest smile on his face.


Love these bees!


Best Zucchini bread EVER!  http://www.kitchenparade.com/2010/07/carrot-zucchini-bread.html
I used 1/2 butter and 1/2 olive oil, all brown sugar, all whole-wheat flour.  It was still OH MY GOD good.  This is my new go-to recipe for zucchini bread.  And it was so colorful...like a rainbow...without red, yellow, blue or purple...so not like a rainbow at all, but still colorful. 


The boys fishing with homemade fishing poles - a stick, yarn and safety pin.  No fish were caught, but good times were had.


After the hair chopping.  I went shopping with a friend and her 16 year old sister...those crazy kids and their new-fangled fashions...

Coloring by lantern light during Hurricane Irene

One tree down, one to go...c'mon kitty, keep pushing!  All jokes aside, we're terribly lucky that tree fell the way it did. 

Finding the beauty in the aftermath of Hurricane Irene.

No comments: