Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Date Night

I find it weirdly interesting how cyclical life is.  I see this in my blogging, for one.  I also see it in my parenting, my interests, the boys' interests and behaviors.  For example, I blog religiously for a few days, maybe even a week.  Then, my photos pile up (on my desktop...my computer screen desktop, that is).  I keep thinking of things I want to blog about and keep a running list in the back of my mind.  When I finally find some time (or remember to blog instead of watching The Wonder Years on Hulu) I have so many things to blog about that I end up with "Highlights"...and all my fabulous blogging ideas are lost somewhere in the depths of my mind that only a pill, like in the movie Limitless, could extract.  It is only now that I look back at my postings and the "highlights" of the month...I've already posted about most of them.  What?  Has it really only been 13 days since my last post?  And where are the pictures of all that we've done in those 13 days? 
I'd like to think we've been busy.  I'd like to say that perhaps I've been so busy that there just weren't photo opportunities.  Bwahahahaha. 

Last week I went on a date night with Odin.  I try to do this every so often with each of the boys.  Odin loves to visit Whole Foods and "the samples"...so we did that.  Then we cruised around the plaza and did a little bit of everything there. 


This was him posing...on purpose.  He was mighty pleased with this one.



Eating Gum drop candies.  He was elated.


Video games...


Ice cream
(by the way, why do people rave about this ice cream?  I thought it was gross.)

Next month is my date night with Eli.  He'd like to do everything Odin and I did.  Just replace Odin's face with Eli's and I'm sure it'll represent very well.

No comments: