Monday, December 5, 2011

Cray Pas Fun!

Another fabulous art class with the wonderful Ms. J at the local library.  The kids were introduced, or reintroduced, to oil pastels.  I have a love/hate relationship with these things.  I've loved them forever.  Then I had children.  While I love doing messy projects with them, oil pastels does not fall into that category.  I know my concerns are completely ridiculous.  It's one of the weird pet peeves I have, I suppose.  The kids spent about a half an hour experimenting with oil pastels.  It was cool to see what each kid came up with.  There were happy faces, Christmas trees, get well cards, monsters, cars and food. 
The kids had fun.  There were smudges everywhere.  The world didn't end and I'm okay.










Okay, so this is not oil pasteling...but they were so cute in the children's library I had to take a picture of them.


No comments: