Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Fall leaves, fall

Because it is Fall and because I am prepping for the birthday ridiculousness that is to come, I decided to rake the leaves, stuff old clothes with them and put them on display. I've actually never done this. When we were kids we'd make haunted houses in our basement and stuff clothes with things like stuffed animals and other clothes. This was more fun. Plus, it entertained my son and created wonderful memories.
I made the grumpiest child laugh when I showed him this picture and said, "why are your legs so big?!" ha ha ha ha ha! He looked down and started giggling, and then it erupted into ridiculous laughter, and then a wrestling match. In the beginning, we both were raking up a storm. By the end, it was just me, with a bossy kid yelling, "Momma, I need more leaves! Are you going to rake them, or what?!" Yeah, kid. I'm on it. But only because you're awesome and I love you. Luckily, it was a beautiful autumn day. He wanted to put faces on the "faces". Also, hair. So, I got the yarn. And a sharpie. I want to make memories, but I don't have the time to make professional scarecrow/fake people. He didn't quite understand why he couldn't draw a "perfect" face on it. Also, he put the hair underneath the hat so it could "be just like me". Goober. My leaf-person had a stitched-looking mouth. I was asked, "Momma, is yours scary?" A little. There was a little trepidation before sitting next to it, even though he sat there and watched me make it alongside his. Kids are funny like that. When we were done he asked if we could make chocolate covered bananas. I have no idea where that came from. Lucky for him we had dark chocolate and bananas on hand. I was in a good mood so I put a little marshmallow on the top of each. Nothing beats the smiles on a kid's face when he sees something he loves. Except, maybe, the look on his brother's face when he wakes up from a nap and sees something he loves.

No comments: