Friday, June 24, 2011

Strange Eats, For a Kid


My oldest child is a picky eater.  If he even senses that certain foods are involved in a meal item it's completely ruined for him.  My youngest likes to pile all that is offered on his plate to only overturn it when he is refused additional foods to increase the mass of the pile.  My middle child will try anything and everything.  He ate 2 cloves of raw garlic the other day.  On purpose.  He peeled them, ate one, said, "YUM!" and peeled and ate another.  He picks the onion shoots from the garden and chomps on them.  He is the only one in the family who'll eat clams...and requests them daily.  At 15 cents a clam, I have no problem buying them often, seeing as he eats only about 5 in a sitting.  We received garlic scapes from our csa and he grabbed one and started chomping on it. 
As  much as I love his food curiosity, he has a tendency to ask for food items while grocery shopping, and then not eating them.  He says, "Well, I just thought someone else might like it for dinner."  He's also very thoughtful.

No comments: