Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Dragons!

I happened to stop by Ocean State Job Lot last night. I wanted AA batteries and I didn't want to pay a lot for them, seeing as we go through them like pairs of little boy socks. I meandered down the book aisle, not really expecting to see anything I liked. I was wrong. I found a very cool, very cheap book. Dragonology Tracking and Taming Dragons Volume 1: A Deluxe Book and Model Set. I honestly did not even realize that the book came with, well, a book. I saw that there was a model and I was sold. Even better, the price...$2.99.


The boys loved the models. It occupied a good forty-five minutes of time tonight...which is a HUGE after-dinner chunk of time. The book mentions dragon skat...a.k.a. poop. And there are pictures of the poop, in black and white, but it was enough to get my boys interested.

Odin pretended the dragon wings were his own. He pretended that the dragon only had one wing and kept crashing the dragon because it now could not fly. Then, he pretended the dragon was pooping. I'll never think of this song the same..."Skit, skat, skoodle doot, flip, flop, flee!"
Next week we're going to see How to Train Your Dragon, hopefully. We've perused a few easy readers from the movie. We've eaten at a fast-food chain (yes, I know...) that advertised the toys. I'm hoping that one day they'll be into dragons, like the ones in this book. For my sake. I love dragons. I'd love to learn more about dragons. I'd love to play Dungeons and Dragons with them. Yes...I like D & D...

No comments: