Sunday, December 20, 2009

Christmas, Christmas

This year we are having my family and my husband's family over for Christmas breakfast. Since having three children trekking to the relatives on Christmas morning is more of a hassle than I like. This is the first year my in-laws will be coming over. Alice over at Savory Sweet Life posted a couple of delicious sounding items that I will be trying out. The breakfast casserole will be prepared the night before - such a load off preparing breakfast for 6 additional people on Christmas morning! I'm also going to be making the blueberry coffee cake. Luckily, both the casserole and the coffee cake need be baked at 350 degrees for one hour. I can pop them both in the oven at the same time. I'll throw some bacon and sausage on the griddle and walah! A lovely breakfast for all. Of course, I'll have fresh fruit. Hmmm. Maybe some cantaloupe, blueberries, honeydew...and strawberries - if I can find some good ones.
And can I just say that I paid 2.99lb for grapes the other day. I did not pay attention to the price and just let my kid plop them into the cart. Last time that happens! Sorry for the non sequitur...talking about fruit made me think of that.



Here is a picture of our breakfast buffet. Not a super flattering picture, but it works. Well, sort of.

No comments: