Saturday, January 7, 2012

Electrica Fun...or not...

While making a lovely Buche de Noel courtesy of Nourished Kitchen, I turned to Eli to explain something about mixing the egg whites separately from the rest of the batter.  When I turned back to Odin, who was standing immediately to my left, I hear a crack, see a spark, a spoon goes flying and he jumps back saying, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!!" 
Apparently while I was momentarily engaged to the right, my inquisitive four-year-old took it upon himself to experiment with a metal measuring spoon and the outlet the mixer was plugged into.


The outlet is out.  The outlet the fridge is working from is now out.  My perpetual broth crock pot had to be moved.  I have a call into my husband, who is hard at work today.  Oy vey.
And yes, I have to admit that my initial reaction to the spark, spoon-throwing, cracking sound was not worthy of Mom of the Year...it involved expletives...loud, adult-content expletives.  I did, however, reassess and then turned it into an extension of their electricity kit discussions..."remember, metal is a conductor?  See how it it reacted to the electrical current?" 
Off to locate an electrician...

No comments: