Wednesday, November 9, 2011

New Things

I decided my blog needed a new look.  Something a bit simpler. 

My home, however, is getting a more complicated look.  I'm redecorating.  Uh-oh. 

I now have a yellow and gold wall instead of orange and copper.  My kitchen walls are brownish instead of blue.  Our front door is reddish.  Our back door is reddish.  I have some curtains. 

Our old house is low on outlets.  We have extension cords everywhere.  On the list: hire an electrician


Next on the list: stripping.

No, not that kind of stripping.  I'm just not that kind of girl.

Paint stripping.  Off the cabinets.  Oh boy.

I have a sink full of dishes or else I'd take a picture and show you the cabinet situation. 

We no longer have a toaster or microwave.  Yay!
I had to stand the husband in front of the microwave and ask him what he uses it for.  He said, "Um, well, to heat things up.  I just used it...the other week.  Oh, well.  To boil water?"  He brought it in to work so other people can kill themselves slowly by using it.  I Freecycled the toaster.




Baking with my kids = cake without baking soda and with a bloody army guy scene.
My oldest turned 6...*tear*...where has the time gone?!

I Freecycled toys and other kitchen gadgets.  Get out of my house!
I received a wooden cabinet from another Freecycler. 

Isn't it gorgeous???
Wait.  That was when I received it.  An 8-year-old girl used it for storing her toys.
Hmmm...where did that picture go?  Ah, here it is:

After a few coats of paint.
I should have taken these photos during the day, but I'm not that organized.  Have the kids learned a thing this week?  Not a whole heck of a lot.  Consider this physical education week.




No comments: