Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Baby Yummies

The baby wanted my burrito. He lunged. I backed away. Then the yelling began. I finally gave him a small piece of the seasoned ground turkey...thinking he'd think it was too spicy and cry. Think again. This baby wanted more. I made the mix myself - not a prepackaged Taco Bell deal. Hmmm. Baby loves burritos.

I made the tastiest baby food. Now, he's almost 8 months old, but he doesn't have the pincer grasp down so giving him little bits of food is somewhat fruitless. I make a chunkier puree. Mmmm. Puree. I tried what I made, too. It was pretty good. Here's the recipe:

4 carrots, peeled and sliced (mine were 2 medium and 2 fatties)
3 leaves of Kale
1/4 of a sweet potato, peeled (it was left over and I just threw it in...for fun)
1 Bosc pear, peeled, cored and cut up

I threw the above into a pot, brought to a boil with cover on, simmered for about 45 minutes, waited until cool and threw into the food mill.

I gave the baby a spoonful of it. He responded with lunging forward while smacking his lips and making weird breathing sounds.

I scooped it all into ice cube trays and threw into the freezer. It filled 2 standard cube trays with a little left over for tomorrows lunch. That and a little seasoned ground turkey and the kid is set.

No comments: