Saturday, February 6, 2010

Another Crazy Week...

I tried eating healthy. I can't. Well, it's not that I can't, but I can't be the vision of health I want to be. I love my carbs and sugars and meats. I thought maybe I could go without, but it seems my addicted body just won't let me. So I gave in. Foooood.

The children are sick. Eli won't stop crying or coughing. It's the sad, yet somewhat annoying, random crying because, well, he just doesn't know why. He started throwing things tonight. For no reason, except because he's sick...I'm assuming. At 6:30 p.m. he decided to go to bed. Then woke up and wanted to change his pajamas. Then cried. A lot.

I have begun knitting. Finished? No. It's driving me crazy. A friend referred me to http://www.knittinghelp.com/, but I haven't had the chance to check it out. I'll let you know how it goes. My mother also unwound all of my first-time knitting...it was beautifully awful and I watched her take it apart. I started another piece using ugly orange acrylic (from our craft cabinet) in hopes that maybe it was the yarns fault. It wasn't.

This week we had Literature Club with the Villagers. No. Not the members of a movie about crazy people living in the woods. Lovely homeschool families. Eli had soccer. We visited the Zig Zag Zone in Milford, MA. We went at a pretty good time when there were only two other children. I can't imagine that place crowded. I'd go insane. The kids got to run around. Goal accomplished. We went to Modelville in Ashland, MA. We rented slot cars and drove them around the track. We were the only ones there. The owners were gracious and it seemed that Richard (I think it was Richard) seemed to enjoy us being there more than we did! You can really tell that he's got a passion for racing.

Today I got some "me" time. Not really, though. I attended a swap with some of the Villagers. I hoisted out bins of unwanted stuff from my basement and bedrooms. I hauled it to Adele's house and unloaded. Then I slowly proceeded to refill the bins with stuff for my kids. We also got a boat. Thanks to Corrie. The gift of the boat to the husband eased the pain of seeing more stuff come into the house. I've wanted to do swaps with friends before, but we could never manage to organize ourselves. I love that this group of women just plan and do. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

No comments: