Sunday, August 8, 2010

My Other Life

Not only am I a homeschooling stay-at-home mom, I am now a doula.  I don't know if I qualify as a SAHM now.  Oh, I also got a seasonal job at a local apple orchard.  How fun!  I will be pointing you in the direction of the best pie-apples there are, and yelling at you for climbing trees and sneaking apples in your backpack...Yeah, I see YOU!

I had a hard time deciding whether or not to create a website for my doula business.  Instead, I decided to blog.  It's more informative than it is a leisure sort of blog.  At least it is right now.  It's still in the works and I'm posting 3-8 posts a day.  Whew!  It's hard work.  There's so much information out there and I want to make sure I get it all, or at least a good representation of what is out there. 

Since I'll be a doula to those in my geographical area, I decided to entitle my business/blog so.  The content relates to my locale as well. 

Having birth become a business is a little strange for me.  My children have been great during this transition from SAHM to business woman...?  I wouldn't call myself that just yet.  Although, I do have a vision...

I watched a homebirth video a few weeks back.  The kids came and wanted to see what I was watching.  I let them.  Eli asked if that's how he came out of my belly.  Then he said, "Didn't that hurt?"  You betcha, kid. 
My children are not scarred for life.  They are fine.  And they really know how babies come out.  They had visions of a doctor taking babies out of their mommy's belly button.  I'm thinking it was along the same lines as Casper the Friendly Ghost going through a keyhole. 

If you get a chance, check out the new blog, leave a comment and follow me.  I didn't say stalk me...

No comments: